Our students hail from all over the world, representing over 30 nations and bringing with them their incredible cultures and backgrounds that contribute to our global-minded school. With families coming from as near and far as Thailand, Malaysia, UK, Japan, Indonesia, Guinea, India, USA, Syria, Sudan, and Canada, the cultural backdrop to CIS’s learning is truly international!
Our coaches and fitness professionals at CIS combine sports training with fitness and fun. We understand the dire need for kids to be more active each day to prevent obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and numerous other diseases caused by an inactive lifestyle. We also believe that by helping children to be active through a variety of sports they will learn an increasing amount about teamwork and personal responsibility. Our CIS After-School Sports Program is available to all age ranges from Year 1 through Year 10 and aims to encourage your child to share, think critically, cooperate with members of a group, and recognize the rights and feelings of others.
We foster an encouraging atmosphere that will both introduce children to sports and games, as well as challenge experienced athletes who already have the fundamentals down. All activities are geared to motivate and build self-esteem within a welcoming environment. Our program offers a balance of consistency and variety, so children know what to expect each day but remain interested and excited. Our approach is flexible, with the instructors able to vary the daily program in response to your child’s interests. The CIS After- School Sports Program seeks to engage children in activities that are developmentally appropriate and geared toward the promotion of optimal physical development and physical fitness. They run each and every weekday and consist of many sports including but not limited to badminton, basketball and futsal.
CIS has put together variety of educational, creative, civic minded and fun school activities that are conducted annually throughout the year. These are generally schoolwide events, and many of them are open to families to participate or attend. The full list of activities below can be found updated by date and time on our school calendar as well.
● Health and Hygiene week which aim to promote good eating habits and personal hygiene
● Arts and Crafts Week where students demonstrate their artistic talents thru making projects
● Thai Culture Week emphasizing the core values which are universally accepted.
● English and Friendship Week where students perform on stage.
● Maths Challenge Week which aim to develop the interest in mathematics.
● Book Fair is conducted once in a term to develop the interest in reading.
● Spelling Bee for the primary where students show mastery of words they learned .
● Science Fair for the secondary showing original science – related work based on the current topic being studied.
● The Qu’ran Competition which celebrates the reading of the Qu’ran and other activities which are mostly participated by the muslim students.
● International Day is also a major event in November. Each year different type of activity are planned to celebrate.
● Fun Fair and Charity Day have been conducted through the support of the PTA.
● Sports Day a much awaited activity which runs for two days.
● United Nations Day to raise students awareness about the role of the U.N. in global issues
● His Majesty The King’s Birthday by reading part of the King’s biography
● The April Break Activity symbolizes the beginning of the Thai Songkran Holiday where students play water games.
● The Community Outreach Activity aims to develop the sense of social responsibility among students. Secondary students are involved in handing out stuffs to recipients .
● Teacher Appreciation Day (Wai Kru) where a short program is prepared commemorating the gratitude for all the teachers.
● Student Recognition Program. This is to acknowledge students who excelled in both academics and behavior.
A Student Council is an elected body of students representing the voice of the student of its school. Student Council are integral part of a school. Student council often take charge of running and organizing events within the school throughout the year.In terms of the structure of Student Council, students who want to be in leadership positions of any kind in their life, can learn a lot by being a student leader and joining the Student Council.
We feel it’s important for our students and their families to understand where our graduates end up, and to hear the stories of how CIS has prepared them for their futures. Below are a number of our alumni and their stories.
B.Tech (Computer Graphics), Bangkok University International College
Engineering, Assumption University, Bangkok
Chemical Engineering, SIIT, Thammasat University,
Medicine at Jilin University, Changchun, China.
Bachelor of Economics, Trisakti School of Management
Accounting, Assumption University